Rhetorical Analysis

My central idea was that people should not be rude to someone who cannot speak the native language of a country or does not speak it properly just because they cannot speak it fluently.

My intended audience is Karen so I can inform them that it is not ok to judge someone based on how well they speak a language. If you look through social media, you will see lots of videos of people getting attacked over race and not being able to speak any English which is not ok because it shows that America is not the dream place to be in if someone cannot even feel safe.

The genre I selected was a meme because it fits into today’s era/generation since it is very technologically advanced.I made this meme to explain how speaking English with my mom vs my friends can be different. It would never occur to them that they might be saying words differently because they are so used to the way they talk, and they never notice. This may be because where they came from, things were pronounced differently, or they didn’t finish school due to family problems.

Pathos and ethos were two rhetorical strategies I used in my meme. Chose pathos a result of the fact that I feel people can relate to me as I explain in my meme that speaking English to my mom is completely different from speaking English to my friends, one because we use a filter, and another because some parents speak English with a mixture of their native language and English.

Choosing ethos in my meme was a natural choice for me because I think that if I am able to relate to the audience in a way, it will be easier for them to connect deeply through the experience of being immigrant parents and helping them learn English as well as navigating their new home. Nowadays, many children are first-generation because their parents came from a variety of different countries to try to improve their lives here. As a result, white people or Americans were viewed as the privileged and spoiled ones because they had no experience of hardship. but also Because they did not have access to basic needs, they faced many racial problems because they did not fit in